Thirty-six United Methodist scholars will be in Dallas August 7-8 to discuss next steps for the UMC. Watch at home or join others to become informed and to shape the conversation.
United Methodist scholars who support the full inclusion of LGBTQIA+ persons in the life of the church are gathering for public conversation August 7-8, 2019 in Dallas, TX.
According to their website, “Participants will reflect a variety of theological perspective but will be united in a progressive social vision.” The conversation includes only scholars, but the wider church is intended as the listening audience. The event will be livestreamed. Recordings of presentations will also be made available online along with text versions for use in classes and discussions about next steps for the denomination.
The Michigan Conference Board of Justice and the Michigan General/Jurisdictional Delegation have endorsed the viewing of the livestream in settings around the Conference. Locations include:
- Michigan Conference Center, 1011 Northcrest, Lansing Michigan 48906. RSVP/Questions: Paul Perez ([email protected])
- Motor City Wesley, Dearborn 1st UMC, 22124 Garrison St., Dearborn MI 48124. RSVP/Questions: Carl Galdstone ([email protected])
- Wesley Foundation of Kalamazoo, 2350 Ring Rd N, Kalamazoo, MI 49006. RSVP/Questions: Jess Davenport ([email protected])
- St. Luke’s UMC, 3980 Walton Blvd, Rochester Hills, MI 48309. RSVP/Questions: Scott Manning ([email protected])
- Trinity UMC, 1100 Lake Dr, SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49506. RSVP/Questions: Laura Witkowski ([email protected])
Each location will provide hospitable space for viewing and discussion, 9am-5pm. Light refreshments will provided; please bring your own lunch. Participants are welcome to drop in or stay all day.
Click here for a detailed schedule of the 34 “Post Way Forward” presentations. Presentations begin on Wednesday, August 7, at 9 am and conclude Thursday, August 8, at 1:15 pm.
Those wishing to follow the Livestream at home or in a gathering you have organized, may use this link https://www.llumc.org/umscholars.