How to share a loss with the Michigan Conference.
Death notices will be sent on behalf of the Michigan Conference by the Communications Staff via e-blast for active and retired clergy, clergy spouses, clergy dependents and members to the annual conference when requested. Recipients are local churches and anyone who has subscribed to the death notice/prayer request database. To subscribe, go to the Subscription page.Read More
- Clergy, including part-time and full-time local pastors.
- Retired clergy as defined above.
- Spouses and surviving spouses of active and retired clergy.
- Dependent children of clergy [this includes stepchildren] still living in the parsonage.
- Diaconal ministers.
- Lay members of the previous annual conference.
- Laypersons of the conference support staff and ministry team, past or present.
- Missionaries related to the conference.
When death of a person in one of the above categories is known:
- The person reporting the death should provide the information to the district office where the deceased resided or attended a local church if known or provide the information to the to the conference office
- Information must include
- the name of the individual
- date of death
- relationship to the conference/clergy member
- history when available
- visitation and funeral information
- where condolences can be sent
- photographs are appreciated
- Death notices for extended relatives (parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.) will be sent out as a monthly summary by the Communications Office and may be posted immediately by any individual on the Michigan Conference Facebook group page
- We encourage these types of announcements also be sent out by district email when deemed appropriate. Please note, there is a formatted design for these announcements in the MailChimp system that can be adapted and utilized.
- Death notices for any immediate or extended family of a staff member will be sent to the All Staff e-blast list and also included in the month summary e-blast sent to the death notice database.
Have more questions?
Please contact Kristen Gillette
Myron K. Williams
January 20, 1932 – May 14, 2023 Rev. Dr. Myron K. Williams passed away peacefully on May 14, 2023, at the age of 91 in Bonita Springs, Florida. He tenaciously… Continue Reading Myron K. Williams
Nathan W. Seitz
Nathan Wesley Seitz June 22, 2004 – May 09, 2023 Son of Retired Elder Rev. William R. Seitz, Nathan Wesley Seitz, aged 18, died unexpectedly Tuesday, May 9, 2023, in… Continue Reading Nathan W. Seitz
Kenneth I. Kline
January 18, 1940 – May 9, 2023 Rev. Kenneth Ivan Kline passed away peacefully at home on May 9th, after a long battle with cancer. His life journey began on… Continue Reading Kenneth I. Kline
Ruth A. Smith
April 11, 1928 – May 8, 2023 Wife of Rev. Russell L. Smith, Ruth Alice Buskirk Smith, age 95, died Monday, May 8, 2023 at Chelsea Retirement Community. She was… Continue Reading Ruth A. Smith
Ann L. Morse
March 29, 1934 – May 8, 2023 Wife of Rev. Andrew Morse, Ann L. Morse passed away on May 8, 2023. A memorial service was held at First United Methodist… Continue Reading Ann L. Morse
Mary Y. Jensen
June 28, 1933 – May 2, 2023 Husband of Rev. Wayne D. Jensen, Mary Yvonne Jensen, age 89, of Frankenmuth passed away Tuesday, May 2, 2023, with her loving family… Continue Reading Mary Y. Jensen
Miriam J. Taber
June 30, 1924 – April 30, 2023 Wife of Rev. Harold M. Taber, Miriam J. (Crone) Taber died peacefully Sunday, April 30, 2023 at the age of 98 in Grand… Continue Reading Miriam J. Taber
Allen D. Pebley Sr.
December 15, 1931 – April 29, 2023 Husband of Pastor Patricia A. Pebley, Allen David Pebley, Sr., age 91, of Jackson, MI, formally of Johnstown, PA., went home to be… Continue Reading Allen D. Pebley Sr.
Bruce R. McCumons
July 21, 1955 – April 19, 2023 Pastor Bruce R. McCumons age 67 of Peck died April 19, 2023. He was born in Marlette to James and Beverly McCumons. Bruce… Continue Reading Bruce R. McCumons
James “Jim” Mathews
Pastor James “Jim” Mathews, 84 of Negaunee, MI passed away at home, surrounded by his loving family, on Monday, April 17, 2023 after a hard-fought battle with Myelodysplastic Syndrome (MDS).… Continue Reading James “Jim” Mathews