How to share a loss with the Michigan Conference.
Death notices will be sent on behalf of the Michigan Conference by the Communications Staff via e-blast for active and retired clergy, clergy spouses, clergy dependents and members to the annual conference when requested. Recipients are local churches and anyone who has subscribed to the death notice/prayer request database. To subscribe, go to the Subscription page.Read More
- Clergy, including part-time and full-time local pastors.
- Retired clergy as defined above.
- Spouses and surviving spouses of active and retired clergy.
- Dependent children of clergy [this includes stepchildren] still living in the parsonage.
- Diaconal ministers.
- Lay members of the previous annual conference.
- Laypersons of the conference support staff and ministry team, past or present.
- Missionaries related to the conference.
When death of a person in one of the above categories is known:
- The person reporting the death should provide the information to the district office where the deceased resided or attended a local church if known or provide the information to the to the conference office
- Information must include
- the name of the individual
- date of death
- relationship to the conference/clergy member
- history when available
- visitation and funeral information
- where condolences can be sent
- photographs are appreciated
- Death notices for extended relatives (parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.) will be sent out as a monthly summary by the Communications Office and may be posted immediately by any individual on the Michigan Conference Facebook group page
- We encourage these types of announcements also be sent out by district email when deemed appropriate. Please note, there is a formatted design for these announcements in the MailChimp system that can be adapted and utilized.
- Death notices for any immediate or extended family of a staff member will be sent to the All Staff e-blast list and also included in the month summary e-blast sent to the death notice database.
Have more questions?
Please contact Kristen Gillette
Rev. A. Theodore Halsted Jr.
May 28, 1927 – January 26, 2023 Pastor A. Theodore Halsted, Jr., age 95, of Richmond, Indiana, died Thursday, January 26, 2023, at Friends Fellowship Community. Ted was born May… Continue Reading Rev. A. Theodore Halsted Jr.
January 19, 1947 – January 23, 2023 Wife of pastor David G. Carlson, Normajean Slater Carlson died peacefully at home Jan. 26, 2023 under the loving care of her family… Continue Reading NormaJean Carlson
January 4, 1938 – January 23, 2023 Wife of Pastor Robert L. Wessman, Leslie Wessman, age 84, of Holland, Michigan died after a prolonged illness. She was preceded in death… Continue Reading Leslie Wessman
Dorothy L. Arthur
October 14, 1929 – January 16, 2023 Wife of Rev. Joy E. Arthur, Dorothy Lee (Brown) Arthur, age 93 of Midland, passed away on Monday, January 16, 2023 at her… Continue Reading Dorothy L. Arthur
Mary E. Balfour
November 20, 1948 – January 7, 2023 Wife of Pastor James R. Balfour II, Mary Eileen Schoen Balfour, died on Saturday, January 7, 2023, at the age of 74, after… Continue Reading Mary E. Balfour
Robert L. Wessman
May 13, 1930 – December 31, 2022 Pastor Robert (“Bob”) Wessman, age 92, of Holland, Michigan died after a prolonged illness. He was preceded in death by his parents, Leo… Continue Reading Robert L. Wessman
Helen M. Vaught
December 13, 1930 – December 29, 2022 Wife of pastor Kenneth R. Vaught, Helen Marie Vaught, age 92 of Hastings, went home to be with her Lord and Savior, Thursday,… Continue Reading Helen M. Vaught
Ronald E. Austin
November 30, 1931 – December 28, 2022 Husband of Pastor Anna Marie Austin, Ronald Edwin Austin, age 91, died Wednesday, December 28, 2022, in Chelsea, Michigan, where he was a… Continue Reading Ronald E. Austin
Carol I. Lowes
May 3, 1934 – December 24, 2022 Wife of Rev. D. Hubert Lowes, Carol Irene Lowes (Belsey) was born at home in Midland, Ontario Canada, May 3, 1934, the fifth… Continue Reading Carol I. Lowes
Rev. Dr. Douglas E. Wingeier
August 17, 1930 – December 19, 2022 Rev. Dr. Douglas E. Wingeier, of Asheville, NC, died on Monday, Dec. 19, 2022, at age 92. He was born in Lowell, MI,… Continue Reading Rev. Dr. Douglas E. Wingeier