The Michigan Conference of The United Methodist Church seeks to employ an Administrative Assistant to the Director of Clergy Excellence.
Under the direction of the Executive Assistant to the Director of Clergy Excellence, the Administrative Assistant – DCE (AA-DCE) will create and maintain contact and address lists, schedule and prepare for meetings, send reminders, populate spreadsheets, and perform similar and related work. The AA-DCE will assist the Executive Assistant to the DCE and the DCE with various administrative tasks relating to the Board of Ordained Ministry.
The AA-DCE will also input to and maintain the Board of Ordained Ministry (BOM) section of the Conference website, ensuring that information is updated, and forms and links are functional. The AA-DCE will also input to and maintain some clergy candidate information on the UMCares or UMCares Plus website, and similar and related websites and spreadsheets.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions**):
- Schedule BOM /Executive Committee via Zoom meetings and also face-to-face meetings. Arrange for lunch if needed, and send BOM/Executive Committee meeting reminders, include documents received (agenda, Treasurer’s report, minutes from last meeting, etc.)
- Populate and maintain BOM website. Update BOM Full Board and Executive Committee rosters with updated addresses of BOM members, add and delete members, as needed.
- Update website forms and documents with new board information. This will include dCOM Action reports
- Update email lists and rosters and GBHEM roster of BOM officers and contact information.
- Print name tags for new board members, missing tags, and for the new class of candidates for all meetings.
- With direction of the BOM chair send invitation letter for BOM members and others to attend retreats and meetings, and other correspondence as needed.
- Create email group for interview week candidates. from updated spreadsheet of contact information for the mailing
- Coordinate and schedule the Interview Week retreat including: making room assignments, submitting dietary needs list, providing meal counts, listing of candidates who will be there and when.
- Update website with new information (for example, Candidacy Summit and New Beginnings)
- UMCares – enter and maintain assigned areas of UMCares
- Annual Conference correspondence to candidates and retirees
- Similar and related work as assigned by the DCE, EA-DCE, and BOM Chair
Qualifications & Skills:
- High school degree or GED, required.
- Two to five years in an office environment
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to understand the United Methodist systems.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work to a demanding schedule.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Keyboarding skills, flexibility and ability to work independently are required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft products, high level of organization.
- Facility with website updating
- Capacity to function in a constantly changing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Project management skills
NOTES: This position will be about 20 hours per week. It will require travel to Lansing between 2 and 4 times per month for meetings. Primary office will be in the successful candidate’s home so ability to have internet and telephone service is required.
Email application to Debbie Stevenson, Executive Assistant, Office of Clergy Excellence, email@example.com. The application deadline is August 24, 2018.
Questions? Contact the Rev. Dr. Jennifer Browne, firstname.lastname@example.org.
** To comply with regulations by the American with Disabilities Act (ADA), the principal duties in job descriptions must be essential to the job. To identify essential functions, focus on the purpose and the result of the duties rather than the manner in which they are performed. The following definition applies: a job function is essential if removal of that function would fundamentally change the job.