How to share a loss with the Michigan Conference.
Death notices will be sent on behalf of the Michigan Conference by the Communications Staff via e-blast for active and retired clergy, clergy spouses, clergy dependents and members to the annual conference when requested. Recipients are local churches and anyone who has subscribed to the death notice/prayer request database. To subscribe, go to the Subscription page.Read More
- Clergy, including part-time and full-time local pastors.
- Retired clergy as defined above.
- Spouses and surviving spouses of active and retired clergy.
- Dependent children of clergy [this includes stepchildren] still living in the parsonage.
- Diaconal ministers.
- Lay members of the previous annual conference.
- Laypersons of the conference support staff and ministry team, past or present.
- Missionaries related to the conference.
When death of a person in one of the above categories is known:
- The person reporting the death should provide the information to the district office where the deceased resided or attended a local church if known or provide the information to the to the conference office
- Information must include
- the name of the individual
- date of death
- relationship to the conference/clergy member
- history when available
- visitation and funeral information
- where condolences can be sent
- photographs are appreciated
- Death notices for extended relatives (parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.) will be sent out as a monthly summary by the Communications Office and may be posted immediately by any individual on the Michigan Conference Facebook group page
- We encourage these types of announcements also be sent out by district email when deemed appropriate. Please note, there is a formatted design for these announcements in the MailChimp system that can be adapted and utilized.
- Death notices for any immediate or extended family of a staff member will be sent to the All Staff e-blast list and also included in the month summary e-blast sent to the death notice database.
Have more questions?
Please contact Kristen Gillette
Rev. Dr. Keith I. Pohl
March 28, 2023 – March 10, 2023 Pastor Keith I. Pohl was born at home on March 28, 1934, to Doris and Stanley and brother Ken Drake in Hardy Dam,… Continue Reading Rev. Dr. Keith I. Pohl
H. Reginald Cattell
March 6, 2023 Rev. H. Reginald Cattell died on March 6, 2023. *Cattell, H. Reginald (Dorothy) – [(RE) Transfer from Missouri, 11/1972] Imlay City, Attica 1972; Imlay City, Goodland, E.… Continue Reading H. Reginald Cattell
Bonnie D. Byadiah
July 14, 1930 – March 4, 2023 Pastor Bonnie D. Byadiah, passed from this world on March 4, 2023. Born into it on July 14, 1930, daughter of Harper and… Continue Reading Bonnie D. Byadiah
Nancy L. Spalenka
March 9, 1932 – March 1, 2023 Nancy Lee Comstock Spalenka, age 90, of Wyoming, passed away peacefully on Wednesday, March 1, 2023. Nancy was a loving mother, grandmother, and… Continue Reading Nancy L. Spalenka
Christina L. Beckwith
September 25, 1954 – February 22, 2023 Wife of Pastor Norman R. Beckwith, Sr. Heaven welcomed a beloved child of God Wednesday, February 22, 2023 when Christina “Chris” Lee Beckwith… Continue Reading Christina L. Beckwith
James E. Fox
December 7, 1932 – February 19, 2023 The Reverend James Edward Fox, 90, of Hastings, Michigan, formerly of Three Oaks, died peacefully Sunday, February 19, 2023 in the comfort of… Continue Reading James E. Fox
Grace J. Gilroy
September 16, 1931 – February 18, 2023 Wife of Pastor Willard G. Gilroy, Grace J. (Ash) Gilroy, age 91, of Battle Creek passed away in the early hours of Saturday,… Continue Reading Grace J. Gilroy
Wayne G. Reece
March 23, 1935 – February 12, 2023 Reverend Wayne Gail Reece, 87, left this physical world to go to live in his heavenly home on Sunday, February 12, 2023. Wayne… Continue Reading Wayne G. Reece
John D. Bailey
May 24, 1957 – February 10, 2023 Pastor John D. Baily, after a noble battle with Parkinson’s disease, passed away at home with his wife Karen at his side. John… Continue Reading John D. Bailey
Rev. James C. Grant
September 6, 1932 – January 31, 2023 Pastor James C. Grant died on January 31, 2023 at the age of 90. Pastor James Grant, 90, of Plainwell, passed away Tuesday,… Continue Reading Rev. James C. Grant