The Detroit Conference Board of Discipleship is now accepting grant applications.
Ministries in the Michigan Area of The United Methodist Church are invited to submit a grant proposal for funds to pursue new or ongoing ministry opportunities that engage in the discipleship ministries of our Vision Pathways: 1) creating new spaces for new faces; 2) developing principled Christian leaders; and 3) engaging mission partnerships.
2017 Grants are due March 1 for approval March 28; August 1 for approval August 22; and October 1, for approval October 24. Grant applications will be considered on a first come, first served basis.
- Grants may be available for local church, programs, events and activities.
- You will be notified in writing which expenses this Agency has approved. Please note: There may be a limit on the number of times you may apply for a grant during a calendar year.
- Please list all of the expenses involved for the activity or event.
- The Conference requires receipts, invoices, and registration forms to verify expenses that have been approved by this agency.
- Paid receipts for travel, room and board, and meal expenses must be sent to the contact person listed below in order to be approved for payment. Please keep a copy of the receipts for your records.
- Funds are provided through the Detroit Annual Conference treasurer’s office.
- This application must be completed in full, signed by the chair or authorized representative of your agency requesting the funds. Grant deadlines are on a rolling basis.
Questions and grant proposals may be directed to the chair of Board of Discipleship, Kathy Stokes; 313-937-3170; [email protected]; 10000 Beech Daly Rd., Redford, MI 48239.