These videos, stories, and tips will help clergy and lay members of the 2021 Virtual Michigan Annual Conference prepare a report to the local church. Celebrate the United Methodist connection.
Clergy and laity have some great tools to use in their 2021 Virtual Michigan Annual Conference reporting.
You can also describe your experience with others by forwarding or sharing this 15-minute video and materials with those in your local church. Versions in Korean and Spanish are coming soon.
More videos of the 2021 Michigan Annual Conference can be viewed or downloaded on Vimeo.
An overview article, “Psalms alive at AC 2021,” can be shared online or summarized in your newsletter or during your Sunday gathering.
Laura Witkowski, Associate Director of Lay Leadership Development for The Michigan Conference, offers these tips for your Annual Conference reporting.
- Check out this article. Why Your Church Needs Annual Conference Reports
- Be sure to do it as soon as possible.
- It doesn’t need to be long.
- Start with what you liked best about the annual conference. Then, try to tell a story about an interaction you had with another person. Finally, describe how you felt the Spirit and where you saw God throughout the sessions.
- Be sure to report what was voted on and what the results were.
- And remember, if you report worship, you may have visitors that day! So avoid “insider” language.
- Annual Conference daily reports and summary articles may help in your preparation. Click here to access.
Thank you for helping your congregation better understand their relationship with the United Methodist connection.