Michigan Conference staff, with the assistance of Michigan Conference Communication, are producing webinars with practical information on how to do a variety of ministries during the COVID-19 outbreak.
The Online-Church Webinars will be aired on Monday through Thursday evenings and will then be archived and available for later viewing.
Webinars will be promoted by email and on Facebook. Registration is required for the webinars and both e-blasts and Facebook Events will carry links to registration.
Upon registration, those signed on will receive a link to the live conversations hosted on ZOOM and will also be given the opportunity to submit questions in advance.
Upcoming Online-Church Webinars include:
- Tuesday, March 31 | 6 pm Children & Youth Resources for Holy Week and Ministry Beyond the Computer. This webinar will cover two topics: Resources for Holy Week and Easter and Ways to reach out to kids and youth that go beyond online resources to help families stay connected to their faith communities. Join Director of Communications Mark Doyal, Children’s Initiatives Coordinator Kathy Pittenger and Youth Ministry Initiatives Coordinator Christy Miller White to gain valuable resources during this live Webinar. Register here. Submit questions here.
- Wednesday, April 1 | 6 pm Online Church – Pastoral Care at a Distance. Online pastoral care isn’t ideal, but it’s necessary right now. We’ll share ideas for pastors and church caregivers, as well as information about mental health trends, signs to watch for, and making referrals. Join Director of Communications Mark Doyal, Director of Clergy Excellence Jennifer Browne, Pastor of Farmington: First UMC Anthony Hood, and Dr. Jennifer Hahm, Ph.D., Licensed Psychologist at Comprehensive Psychological Services, PC in East Lansing. They will respond to your pressing questions during this live Webinar. Register here. Submit questions here.
- Thursday, April 2 | 6 pm How Can the Church Help in Times of Crisis? Practical ways churches and individuals are helping and not hurting while connecting with their community. Join Director of Communications Mark Doyal, Coordinator for Disaster Recovery Ministries Nancy Money, and Associate Director for Mission and Ministry Paul Perez to gain valuable resources during this live Webinar. Register here. Submit questions here.
- Your Tech Questions (see sample video below);
- Funerals & Memorial Services Online;
- Shelter-in-Place Church Questions;
- Worship Online, see additional summary;
- Online Ministry with Children and Youth, see additional summary;
- Online Easter: planning Holy Week Worship, see additional summary;
- Online Giving: Why and How.
“Your Tech Questions” aired on March 19. Director of Communications Mark Doyal, Michigan Conference IT Specialist Michael Mayo Moyle, and Online Worship Specialist Andrew Stange fielded online tech questions as COVID-19 creates the need for online church.