Michigan Conference staff, with the assistance of Michigan Conference Communication, are producing webinars with practical information on how to be in ministry during the COVID-19 era.
The Online-Church Webinars live-stream and then are archived and available for later viewing.
Registration is required for the webinars and invitations by e-blast and Facebook Events will carry links to registration.
Upon registration, those signed on will receive a link to the live conversations hosted on ZOOM and will also be given the opportunity to submit questions in advance.
The next Online-Church Webinars are:
- Thursday, July 9 |6:00 pm — Resilience: Break-up, Break-down, Break-through. The sixth in an important series of Webinars dealing with the COVID-19 Pandemic. Initially it’s sudden or slow. It continues both overtly and in the shadows of awareness. Responding quickly to trauma keeps the negative impact of crisis from becoming overwhelming. Even as anxiety and contagions continue, we can flip the switch, by attending to our thinking and awakening our capacity for creative problem-solving. Investing in our own resilience and the resilience of others builds capacity to journey from victim to survivor to thriver. Registration required. Please submit your questions in advance to email@example.com.
- Tuesday, July 14 and July 21 | 3:00 pm — This two-part webinar will offer information, encouragement, resources, and creative space as we plan for flexibility with considerations for hybrid faith formation (gathered and digital). Part I will be on July 14th and will feature guest presenter Rev. Christine V. Hides. We will focus on naming our why and core foundations, shifts in faith formation, and initial steps for planning for the fall. Part II will be on July 21st and will feature a panel of faith formation leaders. This webinar will provide practical steps for planning hybrid faith formation. The panel will respond to questions such as: What can hybrid ministry look like? How do you move forward with all ages in hybrid ministry? How do we create and nurture relationships? How can we transform the world from our homes? And more. Click here for more details. For more information or questions contact Kathy Pittenger at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 517-897-4483 or Christy White at email@example.com. Registration is required.
- Your Tech Questions 101
- Funerals & Memorial Services Online
- Shelter-in-Place Church Questions
- Worship Online, see summary
- Online Ministry with Children and Youth; see summary
- Online Easter: planning Holy Week Worship; see summary
- Online Giving: Why and How
- Children & Youth Resources for Holy Week and Beyond; see summary
- Pastoral Care at a Distance
- How the Church can Help in Times of Crisis; see summary
- Answering your online streaming questions
- Grief and Trauma Care; see summary
- Summertime Mission Experiences
- Countering the COVID-19 aftershock: a Family Systems reset series.