Michigan Conference staff, with the assistance of Michigan Conference Communication, are producing webinars with practical information on how to be in ministry during the COVID-19 outbreak.
The Online-Church Webinars air weekdays and then are archived and available for later viewing.
Registration is required for the webinars and invitations by e-blast and Facebook Events will carry links to registration.
Upon registration, those signed on will receive a link to the live conversations hosted on ZOOM and will also be given the opportunity to submit questions in advance.
The next Online-Church Webinars are:
- Tuesday, June 2 | 7:00 pm — Autonomous Worship. We’re called to make new disciples through worship, even online. To do that, we have to embrace three big shifts. One: Plan for online and adapt it to your building (instead of the other way around). Two: Engage people more quickly than we do now. Online attention spans are very short. Three: Staff specifically for online. Two positions: a host, and a tech leader. Learn how to do all that and embrace the motivation that leads to creating the kind of worship new people want to attend, whether online, in your building, in a bar, or wherever the mission field gathers. The Webinar features Michigan Conference Associate Director of Congregational Vibrancy, Rev. Gary Step, and Worship Coach and Consultant Rev. Cathy Townley. Registration required. Send your questions in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thursday, June 4 |6:00 pm — Countering the COVID-19 Aftershock: A Family Systems Reset #4. The fourth in an important series of Webinars dealing with the COVID-19 Pandemic. The initial shock of a sudden change requires an equal surge of quickness in our lives. By responding quickly we can keep negative impacts of the crisis from becoming overwhelming. Even as anxiety and contagions continue, we can flip the switch, by attending to our thinking and awakening our capacity for creative problem-solving. Concepts and ideas of relationship systems theory can help lead the way. This Webinar will help you tap your best thinking and possibilities through an exploration of biblical illustrations, conversation, and online resources. Each session is designed for those new to systems thinking and continuing learners alike. Participation in each session is optional. You’ll be welcomed every time. Registration required. Please submit your questions in advance to email@example.com.
Webinars that have aired include:
- Your Tech Questions 101
- Funerals & Memorial Services Online
- Shelter-in-Place Church Questions
- Worship Online, see summary
- Online Ministry with Children and Youth; see summary
- Online Easter: planning Holy Week Worship; see summary
- Online Giving: Why and How
- Children & Youth Resources for Holy Week and Beyond; see summary
- Pastoral Care at a Distance
- How the Church can Help in Times of Crisis; see summary
- Answering your online streaming questions
- Grief and Trauma Care; see summary
- Summertime Mission Experiences
- Countering the COVID-19 aftershock
- Countering the COVID-19 Aftershock part 2: A Family Systems Reset
- Countering the COVID-19 Aftershock part 3: A Family Systems Reset.