Rev. Kathy Pittenger invites workers in children’s ministries to gather for support and resourcing. Share your ideas, prayers and dreams.
Do you work in children’s ministry in your congregation? Do you have a passion for caring for and leading children as followers of Jesus? Are you looking for support, encouragement, guidance, ideas, and resources in children’s ministry?
Whether you have been serving in Children’s Ministries for one week or 50 years, you are invited to join the new Michigan Conference Children’s Ministry Facebook Group. Please also share this group with those in your congregation who work with children. Then bring your questions, best practices, stories, and encouragement.
The Facebook Page will announce more about Lunch/Dinner Chats with Kathy Pittenger, the new Children’s Initiatives Coordinator for the Michigan Conference. These chats will be held around the state this summer. You can get acquainted with Rev. Kathy and share your needs, wants, thoughts, and prayers for children’s ministry work.
Several dates for Meet & Greets are on the calendar. Come share ideas and dreams.
- August 2nd – Mount Hope UMC (Lansing); 6:30pm – 8:30pm
- August 7th – West Side UMC (Ann Arbor); 11am – 1pm (bring your own lunch)
- August 9th – Zoom (online); 7pm – 8:30pm
- August 29th – Michelson Memorial UMC; 3pm
- August 30th – Court Street UMC (Flint); 11am – 1pm (bring your own lunch)
- September 5th – Zoom (online); 10am – 11:30am
- September 11th – St. Paul’s UMC (Rochester); 12pm – 2pm (bring your own lunch)
- September 19th – Lake Harbor UMC (Norton Shores)/Grand Rapids Children’s Ministry Network; 12pm-2pm (bring your own lunch)
- September 25th – First UMC Grand Rapids; 6:30-8:30pm (come and go as needed; light refreshments provided)
Interested in hosting a Meet & Greet? Contact Rev. Kathy; 517-897-4483 or kpittenger@michiganumcorg.
Last Updated on July 31, 2018