Connecting justice and evangelism is just one of the topics explored at this year’s REACH Summit, online and in-person October 22-23, from Sycamore Creek Church.
Associate Director of Congregational Vibrancy, Michigan Conference
“So when the apostles were with Jesus, they kept asking him, ‘Lord, has the time come for you to free Israel and restore our kingdom?’
“He replied, ‘The Father alone has the authority to set those dates and times, and they are not for you to know.
“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere — in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.’” Acts 1:6-8
Come join us as our leaders empower us with the Holy Spirit by demonstrating how Social Media, Social Ministry, and Social Justice can help us reach new, younger people.
On Friday night, hear from Rachel Gilmore, Missional Consultant, and Paul Nixon, CEO of Epicenter Group. Their topic is Justice and Evangelism. They will be exploring why justice work and evangelism are intertwined, especially in reaching younger generations. They’ll also cover the theological basis for connecting justice and evangelism, and how to incorporate justice work into worship, community development, and social entrepreneurship with examples from across the connection.
On Saturday morning, hear from Nona Jones, Head of North America Community Partnerships and Global Faith-Based Partnerships at Facebook. In-person church attendance is declining or plateauing in every nation, so digital discipleship must be a central part of every church’s ministry approach. Also, essential? Learning how to bridge racial divides and promote reconciliation. Nona’s keynote will include opportunities for discussion and a Q&A later.
In the afternoon, there are a variety of workshops planned:
- Adapting to Reach & Disciple New People in this Post-Pandemic Environment with Debi Nixon, Church of the Resurrection Executive Director of Donor Development
- Growing Online Faith Communities with Cathy Townley, Coach and Consultant
- Growing Young with Lisa Batten, Coordinator of Young Adult Initiatives (Michigan Conference)
- Structured to Thrive with Gary Step, Director of Church Vibrancy (Michigan Conference)
- A Path to More Compelling Online Content with Mark Doyal, Director of Communications (Michigan Conference)
- Lay Leadership in a “Both/And” Church with Laura Witkowski, Associate Director of Lay Leadership Development (Michigan Conference)
- Leading in this Post-Pandemic Era with Dirk Elliott, Director of Church Vibrancy/Leadership Development (Michigan Conference)
To participate in the 2021 REACH Summit, all you need is a computer and internet access. After you register, you’ll receive a link with directions, so you’ll know what to do, and when.
While REACH Summit is still mostly virtual for 2021, we have the option of a live, in-person studio audience on Saturday, Oct. 23, 2021, at Sycamore Creek Church in South Lansing, MI. The studio audience is limited to 50 individual registrants, breakout rooms will be available for the afternoon virtual workshops. Interested? Make sure to register quickly!
New this year: Here’s your chance to pay your investment forward. Deduct your REACH Summit fee from your 2022 REACH Network Group participation fee. REACH Network Groups allow pastors and church leaders to dive more deeply into a specific area. The groups offer feedback and support, information, and accountability.
Who is God is calling us to REACH? Come find out!