“If we are genuinely concerned about engaging young people, particularly those that are vulnerable or at risk, we must listen to them properly.”
Local Church Resources
- Are you a congregation who would like to host a Young Adult Intern? Contact Lisa Batten.
- Book: " Growing Young, Six Essential Strategies to Help Young People Discover and Love Your Church" Powell, Mulder, Griffin
Article: What young people want your church to know as you reopen. Read.
- How Gen Z Will Shape the Church. Read.
- Gen Z is keeping the Faith. Just don't expect . . .Read.
Have a Young Adult Ministry Program or Event In Mind?
- Global Mission Fellows: For adults ages 20-30: This program is a 2-year mission opportunity to serve internationally or in the US. Participants will engage with local communities while addressing the root causes of social injustices with other young people from around the world. For more information on how to become a GMF, click here.
- CDF-Freedom School: An intergenerational leadership model staffed primarily by college students and recent college graduates, with a 10:1 child to adult ratio. Rooted in the Mississippi Freedom Summer project of 1964, the CDF Freedom Schools program is a six-week summer literacy and cultural enrichment program designed to serve children and youth in grades K–12 in communities where quality academic enrichment programming is limited, too expensive, or non-existent. The CDF Freedom Schools program enhances children’s motivation to read and makes them feel good about learning. To apply to be a Servant Leader Intern or for your church to become a host site, contact Lisa Batten at [email protected]
Last Updated on August 1, 2023