What is Young Adult Ministry? Bringing the love of Jesus Christ to traditional college students, working young adults, post-college age young professionals, and young families. This page offers resources for local churches, internship opportunities for young adults and information on our 8 Wesley Campus Ministries. Visit here often for new resources and information. Also, click on the Young Adult Toolbox at left.
Apply to be a Mission Intern!
The Mission Intern Program offers young adults age 18-22 the opportunity to serve for eight weeks over the summer at United Methodist congregations and related non-profits across the state of Michigan.
The goals of the Mission Intern Program are:
- Develop young adult leaders
- Assist United Methodist congregations to be in ministry with their local communities
- Answer the challenge of the Bishops’ Initiative on Children and Poverty
Deadline for Application is: May 1, 2019
The 2019 congregational sites include: West Branch UMC, Port Huron: First UMC, Utica UMC, Detroit: Metropolitan UMC, Detroit: Centro Familiar Cristiano, Kalamazoo: First UMC.
Interns can also apply to serve at Cass Community Social Services and God’s Country Cooperative Parish. At Cass Community Social Services in Detroit, interns will work at the innovative non-profit leading volunteer teams and organizing field trips for children living at Cass’s residences. Interns serving with God’s Country Cooperative Parish in Newberry will coordinate volunteer teams providing home repair for local residents and lead a two-week swim class for area children.
You can find the Mission Intern Application Here: 2019 Michigan Conference Mission Intern Application!
- Trauma-Informed Workshop: 2/2/2019, 10am - 4pm, Location: CMU Wesley
- Rev. Cara Weiler, Deacon, MSW, and Trauma Specialist will lead participants through understanding the manifestations of trauma in work and personal life. Participants will learn to lead from a place of being trauma-informed.
- Journey to the Table: 4/12-13/2019, Location: Wesley Woods Camp and Retreat Center
- A retreat for young adults set in orthodox Wesleyan Theology, through small group discussion, art, music, and communication.
- EncounterMICall Intern Application Deadline: 1/1/2019
- EncounterMICall New Intern Orientation: 1/4/2019 @ MSU Wesley
- Mission Intern Application Available: 1/4/2019