Step 1. Call your DS!
Before you take action, call your district superintendent. They will begin the process of alerting the conference that you need help.
Step 2. Call Disaster Response
We’ve Had A Disaster, Now What?
- Assess general situation and physical needs of people and area and forward initial assessment to the District Superintendent and the District Disaster Response Coordinator.
- Establish contact with the local Emergency Management Team as soon as possible.
- Provide specific needs assignments within 24 hours.
- Begin seeking response to needs, general and specific.
- Coordinate relief efforts on a local basis.
- Contact pastor(s) involved and the District Disaster Response Coordinator as soon as possible.
- Receive report of pastor(s).
- Conduct on-site visit within 24 hours.
- Conduct an on-site visit with the District Superintendent.
- Coordinate relief efforts for the District.
- Contact the Conference Disaster Response Coordinator.
- Conduct an on-site visit with the Bishop.
- Work in consultation with the Bishop to coordinate communication efforts.
- Meet within 72 hours of the disaster.
- Receive reports, request funds and dispense funds as necessary and available.
- Provide press information.
- Visit area(s) within 72 hours.
- Contact District Superintendents
- Request funds from UMCOR, if needed.