- This event has passed.
Midwest District Conference
October 15, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm EDT
On the morning of October 15, 2022, from 10:00 am – 12:00, we will gather for the last District Conference of the current Midwest District. The event will be available via Zoom. There will be 4 different phases of our time together. These are some of the questions and thoughts I have had or heard about since March 2020. They will help shape our time together.
- A Time of Prayer
- A Time of Reflection
- A Time of Conversation
- A Time of Prayer
- Are you grieving over the people who stopped attending church at the start of or during the pandemic, and are yet to return?
- Are you saddened by missions that could not be started, sustained, or expanded because they had to be placed on hold by the constraints of sheltering in place?
- Are you wondering how to create new spaces for new faces, and have no idea whether that means learning more technology to create a holy gathering place online or reaching out in new ways in the neighborhood surrounding your faith community or both?
- Are there resources out there to help us begin to vision again?
- How do we support one another in and between our faith communities to continue God’s work in and for the world?
- Do you have questions about the future of the United Methodist Church, the transition from nine to seven Districts and the possibility of a new Bishop, beginning January 2023?
Our time together on October 15th will be an opportunity to just breathe. We will also explore what we have experienced, how to discover new ways to connect with one another, to support one another and to celebrate God’s presence in each of our lives. Whether you wish to light a spark, reignite a flame or hear God’s still small voice continuing to call you for mission and ministry know that we are blessed in all we do in our Savior’s name.
Recently a survey was sent to the pastors of the Midwest District for the Leadership Team to have some sense of where we are in our churches, across our District and around the state. I want to thank those who responded so quickly to the survey. During our District Conference, Pastor Alex Fernandez, Chair of the Leadership Team will lead part of our conversation time as we seek to prepare for the future mission and ministry of our churches. May God be with us. And Amen.