Updates are being considered on the facilities and amenities at Michigan’s three United Methodist camps in Pentwater, Dowling, and Burtchville. User feedback is being sought.
Michigan Area United Methodist Camping, Executive Director
We are planning for a bright future for camp and retreat ministries in Michigan!
Michigan Area United Methodist Camping, the nonprofit that runs camp and retreat ministries for the Michigan Conference of the United Methodist Church, is considering a Capital Campaign. These efforts will include significant improvements at Lake Huron Retreat Center, Lake Michigan Camp & Retreat, Wesley Woods Camp & Retreat Center and are vital to our long-term success and sustainability.
Quick summaries …
Lake Huron Retreat Center is envisioning a brighter future to expand the services of the Retreat Center and our ability to serve more churches, youth, and families through updates to facilities and amenities.
- Heating and Air Conditioning Units upgrades
- New Roofs for Ragland Lodge, Office Building and Pole Barn
- New Carpeting for all Guest Rooms
Lake Michigan Camp & Retreat is envisioning new, modernized, accessible bathroom units and more seasonal RV sites to build a level of service and ministry for the foundational faith journey for generations to come.
- 2 New Restroom/Bath Houses (replacing outdated facilities – north/day camp and youth/central camp)
- 1 Brand New Restroom at the Welcome Center
- 10 New Designated Seasonal RV Sites
- Dining Hall Restroom/Bath House Renovated
- Pastor’s/Respite Cabin
- 4 Full Hookup RV Sites
Wesley Woods Camp & Retreat believes campers will delight in a new recreation area with a pavilion, new restrooms in each cabin pod, updated main lodge, improvements at the waterfront for recreation and the outdoor chapel plus improvements to our retreat center.
- Retreat Center upgrades (carpeting, windows, heating/air and beds.)
- Addition of restrooms in cabin pods
- Updated Waterfront area
- Upgrades to the Main Lodge
- New recreation pavilion, mountain biking course, challenge courses, climbing tower
You are invited to read the full Vision Statements explaining the overall scope of the projects at each ministry site. Then share your response through a short survey.
As a supporter of camp and retreat ministries, we value your input and feedback!
Last Updated on January 31, 2024