Need something else?
Need another resource? Looking for advice? Please contact Kathy Pittenger.
Suggested Bibles and Tools
Looking for an age appropriate Bible? Here are recommendations:
Recommended Bible Tools:
Recommended Bibles for Younger Children:
Deep Blue Toddler Bible Storybook
Frolic First Bible
The Beginner's Bible
Bible Basics Storybook
Celebrate Wonder Storybook Bible
Spark Story Bible
Children of God Storybook Bible
Growing in God's Love: A Story Bible
I Got A New Bible!!! Now What??
Many churches give elementary age children a new Bible. Often, they have a class or group that gathers to learn about how to use their Bible. With COVID, many of these groups are not able to meet. Use this playlist to get acquainted with your new Bible. Still have questions? Ask your Pastor or Children's Ministry Leader!
In this playlist you will discover:
- What is in your Bible
- How to use your Bible
- Activities for practice
What Is In My Bible?
DID YOU KNOW?? Fun facts about the Bible
- The Bible was originally written in 3 languages: Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic.
- The first five books of the Old Testament are called the Pentateuch or Torah.
- The Bible was written by more than 40 authors!
- The Bible was written over a 1,600 year timespan.
- The Bible is not just one book but a collection of writings.
- The Bible was written over three continents: Asia, Africa, and Europe!
- The Bible is the best-selling book in history!
- There are 4 main parts in the Old Testament: Torah, History, Songs & Wisdom, and Prophets. And 4 main parts in the New Testament: Gospels, History, Epistles, and Revelation.
Learn About Your Bible
Use the pages below to learn more about the Old Testament, Psalms, New Testament, and Bible Tools.