Title: Worship & Music Ministry Administrative Assistant
Position Type: Part-time, 20 hours per week
Location: Birmingham Campus
Direct Report: Executive Director of Worship and Music Ministries
Role: The Worship and Music Ministries at Birmingham First United Methodist Church are dedicated to creating a place where children, youth, and adults can come to grow in their faith, create beauty, and transform the world through music and worship. We are currently searching for an energetic, conscientious, and detail oriented administrative assistant, who is looking for a way to make a difference in the world, to fill a vital role on our team.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with superb accuracy
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Exceptional people skills including: verbal and written communication skills with experience in utilizing social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Strong sense of urgency and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills, working with a variety of software including Office 365 with an understanding of Publisher.
- Facilitate and support weekly worship productions
- Facilitate successful rehearsals by maintaining choir folders, organizing robes, and tracking attendance.
- Assist in choir development through the implementation of recruitment and retention strategies
- Maintain music library
- Manage Live@First Concert Series
- Perform general clerical duties
- Coordinate calendar and set-up needs with church staff
- Manage registrations and provide administrative support for special events such as Composer Festival, Choir Camp, and Choir Camp, Jr.
- Develop strategies and implement effective ways to communicate with various constituencies
- The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; hear or smell. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.