From north to south and east to west, Michigan’s new districts are coming together this spring.
On July 1, 2018 the nine new districts of the Michigan Conference will be fully functioning. That means there is some organizing to do in the next few months leading up to the 2018 Michigan Annual Conference.
To that end, new district gatherings are scheduled for April and May around the state:
- District # 1: April 21st met in Marquette and adopted name Northern Skies District
- District # 2: April 22nd met in Gaylord and adopted name Northern Waters District
- District # 3: April 21st met in Midland and adopted the name Central Bay District
- District # 4: April 22nd met in Greenville and adopted the name Midwest District
- District # 5: April 28th met at Owosso First UMC and adopted the name Mid-Michigan District
- District # 6: April 22nd met in Lapeer and adopted the name East Winds District
- District # 7: May 12th met at Portage: Pathfinder Church and adopted the name Greater Southwest District
- District # 8: April 27th met at Jackson First UMC and adopted the name Heritage District
- District # 9: April 28th met at Troy: Korean UMC and adopted the name Greater Detroit District
Click here for the District website that has more details. Click each district name above to go to the individual district pages.