Looking for the 2019 Clergy Compensation Recommendation Form? Click here and go to the SPRC section.
Director of Conference Benefits and Human Resources
517-347-4030 ext. 4110
The Director of Conference Benefits and Human Resources oversees all benefits related to annual conference clergy, conference staff, and employees of related agencies. This includes Retirement Plans (Pension), Welfare Plans (Disability and Death), Conference Health Care Plans, and Conference Payrolls.
- What if I have a change regarding dependents on my health care plan?
- What if I have a question regarding my benefits, either now or in the future?
- What if I have questions how an appointment beyond the local church or in another conference might affect my benefits in retirement?
- What if I have questions about the Conference health care or pension apportionment billings?
- What if there is a death in a clergy family?
Operations Manager of Treasury and Benefits
517-347-4030 ext. 4131
The Operations Manager’s duties include the operational management of the Treasury and Benefits staff. They are responsible for the day-to-day operations, the operational efficiency, the work flow administration, and the customer service of the staff. They also coordinate schedules and appointments for both the Treasury and Benefits departments.
- What if I do not know who to call in treasury?
- What if I need to make an appointment with someone in Treasury or Benefits?
- What if I have a customer service concern?
517-347-4030 ext. 4111
The benefits administrator is currently responsible for administering the West Michigan (WM) Conference health insurance and pension benefits.
- What if I have a question about a WM local church or retiree health care monthly billing?
- What if I have a question about WM health insurance coverage, or have a problem with a claim?
- What if I have a question about a WM monthly pension billing amount?
EZRA Specialist and Administrative Assistant to Executive Administrator
517-347-4030 ext. 4135
The EZRA Specialist person is responsible for all issues pertaining to the EZRA system in regards to Conference, District, and Local Church leadership. This includes, but not limited to, inputting information and training personnel in using the EZRA system.
The administrative assistant is responsible for the basic administrative work for both treasury and the benefit’s department but primarily for Benefits’.
- What if I need benefits forms?
- What if I need to reset my password in Ezra?
- What If I need to enter leadership in the Ezra Church Dashboard?
- What if I need mailing labels?
- What if I have an Ezra question?
Conference Board of Pension and Health Benefits
The Conference Board of Pensions and Health Benefits (CBOPHB) “…shall have charge of the interests and work of proving pensioning of clergy and their families, other church workers, and lay employees of the institutions, organization, and agencies within that annual conference of The United Methodist Church, except as otherwise provided for by the general board.” (¶639 of the 2016 The Book of Discipline of The United Methodist Church)
Rev. Donald Emmert, Director of Conference Benefits and Human Resources
TBD - CBOPHB Chair