Archived Featured Posts
- Coverage of Over the Counter COVID Tests
- 2022 Conference Health Insurance Premium Chart
- Delivered to You Wespath Event (Nov. 8-9)
- Michigan No-Fault Auto Insurance Reform
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 2020 Ministry Shares Holiday
Dimensions from Wespath
Click here for the 2022 Clergy Compensation Recommendation Form and the 2022 DSA Compensation Recommendation Form.
Director of Conference Benefits and Human Resources
517-347-4030 ext. 4110
The Director of Conference Benefits and Human Resources oversees all benefits related to annual conference clergy, conference staff, and employees of related agencies. This includes Retirement Plans (Pension), Welfare Plans (Disability and Death), Conference Health Care Plans, and Conference Payrolls.
- What if I have a change regarding dependents on my health care plan?
- What if I have a question regarding my benefits, either now or in the future?
- What if I have questions how an appointment beyond the local church or in another conference might affect my benefits in retirement?
- What if I have questions about the Conference health care or pension apportionment billings?
- What if there is a death in a clergy family?
517-347-4030 ext. 4111
The benefits administrator is currently responsible for administering the Michigan Conference health insurance and pension benefits.
- What if I have a question about a local church or retiree health care monthly billing?
- What if I have a question about health insurance coverage, or have a problem with a claim?
- What if I have a question about a monthly pension billing amount?
Executive Assistant to the Benefits Office
517-347-4030 ext. 4112
The executive assistant is responsible for the basic administrative work for the benefit’s department.
- What if I need benefits forms?
- What if I need to find something on the Benefits or HR web pages?
- What if I don't know who to call in the Benefits Office?
Conference Board of Pension and Health Benefits
The Conference Board of Pensions and Health Benefits (CBOPHB) “…shall have charge of the interests and work of proving pensioning of clergy and their families, other church workers, and lay employees of the institutions, organization, and agencies within that annual conference of The United Methodist Church, except as otherwise provided for by the general board.” (¶639 of the 2016 The Book of Discipline of The United Methodist Church)
Rev. Donald Emmert, Director of Conference Benefits and Human Resources
Rev. Steve Buck - CBOPHB Chair