Click on the toolbox to find forms and other resources.
Have more questions?
Chairperson - Laura Speiran
Registrar for Full and Associate Members - Tim Zeigler
Registrar for Provisional Members - Julie Greyerbiehl
Registrar for Local Pastors - Melody Olin
Registrar for Specialized Ministry Certification - Pat Catellier
Chair, Order of Elders - Barry Petrucci
Chair, Order of Deacons - Sue Pethoud
Chair, Fellowship of Local Pastors and Associate Members - Sue Platt
The world is full of beauty, but also brokenness. There is no shortage of need for the hope that Jesus Christ offers and asks us to share. As our denomination continues to sort out how it will structure itself in the future, we continue to seek excellent candidates who have the courage to answer God’s call at such a time as this. Our non-discrimination policy, approved in March 2019, is as follows:
The Michigan Conference Board of Ordained Ministry evaluates all candidates for fitness, readiness, and effectiveness for ministry. The Holy Spirit moves in the lives of all people, including LGBTQIA+ individuals, whether single or in a committed relationship. The Michigan Conference Board of Ordained Ministry will consider all persons who come before the Board of Ordained Ministry without regard to age, race, sex, national origin, sexual orientation or practice, gender identity, economic circumstance, disability, or marital status, who demonstrate gifts and graces for vital ministry and may recommend those individuals for candidacy, licensing, commissioning and ordination.
- Michigan BOM Executive Committee - via ZOOM - April 30, 2020, 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon.
- Michigan BOM Full Board Meeting- May 27, 2020, 7:30 - 9:30 p.m. at Grand Traverse Resort.
- Michigan Annual Conference - May 28-31, 2020 at Grand Traverse Resort.
- Michigan BOM Executive Committee Meeting - via ZOOM - June 25, 2020, 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon.
- License to Preach School - July 19-23, 2020
- Michigan Area Candidacy Summit - July 24-25, 2020 at St. Francis Retreat Center