Thanks to Rev. Alicea Williams for curating this playlist!
Need something else?
Need another resource? Looking for advice? Please contact Kathy Pittenger.
Sharing God's Love
In Paul's letter to the church in Corinth, he taught the people how to live as followers of Christ. In 1 Corinthians 13 Paul teaches about true love. Loving in this way is the best way to show others God’s love. These verses were helpful to the church in Paul’s time and today we continue to turn to them for our example of true love. These words are so important to us that we call this chapter in 1 Corinthians “The Love Chapter” and it is the most read scripture at weddings.
- Read 1 Corinthians 13:1-13 in your favorite Bible, Bible Storybook or from the Deep Blue Bible Storybook.
- Wonder about the passage together:
- I wonder why Paul said love is a gift.
- I wonder what “love is happy with the truth” means.
- I wonder how we can love like this all the time.
- I wonder why love is the greatest gift.
- I wonder what you can do to show love to others.
- Dear God, thank you for your gift of love. You loved us so much you sent Jesus to show us how to love others. Help us each day to practice loving others the way you love us. Amen.
Love is Kind by Laura Sassi
Love is Patient, Love is Kind by Naoko Stoop