Archived Featured Posts
- Humana/Express Scripts Intro Webinars
- 2023 Conference Health Insurance Premium Chart
- Coverage of Over the Counter COVID Tests
- Michigan No-Fault Auto Insurance Reform
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 2020 Ministry Shares Holiday
Dimensions from Wespath
- 2023 Housing Exclusion - Approved at the 2022 Annual Conference
- 2022 Housing Exclusion - Approved at the 2021 Annual Conference
- 2021 Housing Exclusion - Approved at the 2020 Annual Conference
- 2020 Housing Exclusion - Approved at the 2019 Annual Conference
- 2019 Housing Exclusion - Approved at 2018 Annual Conference
Click here for the 2023 Clergy Compensation Recommendation Form and the 2023 DSA Compensation Recommendation Form.
Director of Conference Benefits and Human Resources
517-347-4030 ext. 4110
The Director of Conference Benefits and Human Resources oversees all benefits related to annual conference clergy, conference staff, and employees of related agencies. This includes Retirement Plans (Pension), Welfare Plans (Disability and Death), Conference Health Care Plans, and Conference Payrolls.
- What if I have a change regarding dependents on my health care plan?
- What if I have a question regarding my benefits, either now or in the future?
- What if I have questions how an appointment beyond the local church or in another conference might affect my benefits in retirement?
- What if I have questions about the Conference health care or pension apportionment billings?
- What if there is a death in a clergy family?
517-347-4030 ext. 4111
Direct Line: 810-233-0504
The benefits administrator is currently responsible for administering the Michigan Conference health insurance and pension benefits.
- What if I have a question about a local church or retiree health care monthly billing?
- What if I have a question about health insurance coverage, or have a problem with a claim?
- What if I have a question about a monthly pension billing amount?
Executive Assistant to the Benefits Office
517-347-4030 ext. 4112
Direct Line: 810-233-0447
The executive assistant is responsible for the basic administrative work for the benefit’s department.
- What if I need benefits forms?
- What if I need to find something on the Benefits or HR web pages?
- What if I don't know who to call in the Benefits Office?
Conference Board of Pension and Health Benefits
The Conference Board of Pensions and Health Benefits (CBOPHB) “…shall have charge of the interests and work of proving pensioning of clergy and their families, other church workers, and lay employees of the institutions, organization, and agencies within that annual conference of The United Methodist Church, except as otherwise provided for by the general board.” (¶639 of the 2016 The Book of Discipline of The United Methodist Church)
Rev. Donald Emmert, Director of Conference Benefits and Human Resources
Rev. Steve Buck - CBOPHB Chair