United Methodist Camping has been changing lives in the state of Michigan for decades. A new Executive Director is sought, who will provide leadership for the next years of ministry.
The Board of Directors of Michigan Area United Methodist Camping (MAUMC) seeks an Executive Director for its five active residential camps, RV camp, and retreat center, located throughout Michigan’s lower peninsula.
Start date is flexible but MAUMC anticipates the Executive Director will begin March, 2020.
The Executive Director:
- is responsible for administrative management, direct supervision of on-site Camp Directors and Central Office staff;
- works to create and maintain the spiritual climate within our camps;
- creates effective financial reporting and funding, supporting a financially viable ministry;
- provides leadership for the development of annual giving, capital campaigns and endowment development, including the integrity of those processes;
- is responsible for the coordination of relationships with the public.
The ideal candidate will have strong Christian faith, as well as the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- College degree, or equivalent experience, in a related field;
- ten or more years of progressive management experience in a nonprofit camping organization;
- budget management skills;
- strong working knowledge of fundraising strategies;
- developed public relationship focus;
- demonstrated operational, people, and management skills over a multi-layered organization.
Send resumes to: Human Resources Dept., MAUMC, 2307 W. Maple Rapids Road, St. Johns, MI 48879. Please include salary requirements.
Michigan Area United Methodist Camping is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Their mission is to create transformative camp and retreat experiences that develop disciples of Jesus Christ.