Rev. Alicea Williams for curating this playlist
Need something else?
Need another resource? Looking for advice? Please contact Kathy Pittenger.
Singing for God
The story of Paul and Silas in prison is a story of faithfulness and God's protection. Even in the midst of a hard time, Paul and Silas did not lose hope. In fact, instead of being sad, they prayed and sang songs to God!
Start by reading the Bible Story or watching one of the videos and going through the wondering questions. Then pick the activities your family would like to do, as many or few as you like. Close your family faith time with prayer - use your own or the one provided.
- Read the story about Paul and Silas in Prison in your favorite story Bible, in Acts 16:16-40 or in the Deep Blue Bible Storybook.
- Wonder about the story together:
- I wonder what the other prisoners thought as Paul and Silas were singing.
- I wonder if Paul and Silas were scared when the earthquake happened.
- I wonder how the little girl felt to be healed.
- I wonder how Paul and Silas felt when they were released from jail.
- I wonder how singing praises to God could help someone think differently about God.
Holy God, thank you for Paul and Silas who had faith even when they were in prison. Help us remember to always sing your praises, even when we are scared. Thank you for always being with us, even when life gets scary. Amen.