Midland First United Methodist Church is seeking a full-time candidate to join our ministry team as Director of Next Generation Ministries. We are prayerfully searching for a dynamic Christian with a passion for helping the next generation to know, love, and share Jesus.
The outcomes of this position are to:
● keep Jesus at the center of all programming;
● build a sustainable ministry for the next generation that includes meaningful opportunities
for worship, Christian education, missions and fellowship;
● recruit and equip the necessary leadership teams of adults to mentor and lead;
● build genuine relationships with children, youth, and their families connected to the church
and the Midland community;
● grow small group ministry in common places where youth do life;
● create dynamic spaces for worship and gatherings that are both invitational and safe;
● work collaboratively with the Coordinator of Children’s Ministry to create a cohesive
discipleship plan from birth to 12th grade;
● empower our children and youth to use their God-given gifts in mission and ministry;
● create an effective communication mechanism to reach children, youth, and families;
● effectively communicate with the congregation about Next Generation Ministries.
Ideal Candidate, An ideal candidate will be passionate about sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ in a way that
young people can hear, understand and engage in for their own faith journeys. Applicants who
wish to become ordained in the United Methodist Church are encouraged to apply.
Qualifications/Skills A successful candidate will:
● be a person of integrity and have a personal faith in Jesus Christ;
● be vested in collaborating with church staff;
● have proven success recruiting and coordinating volunteers for ministry and/or events;
● have 5 years of experience leading an effective next-generation ministry;
● have a basic understanding of children and teens, the issues they face, and how they
● have a foundational education in Biblical Studies.
To Apply: Please email FirstUMCMidland@gmail.com.
MIDLAND FIRST UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
315 W Larkin St, Midland, MI 48640 * (989) 835-6797
Helping people to know, love, and share Jesus Christ. We’re a congregation that places a high priority on following Jesus’ command to “love your neighbor.” We believe God has called us to show His love in each of our lives every day. Our core values are to be Invitational, Biblical, Worshipful, Missional, Transformational, and Relational.