Founded in 1834, First United Methodist Church of Northville is a thriving and active church with an inclusive and diverse congregation. Our mission is simple: “Helping people find, experience, and share God’s love through Jesus Christ.”
We are seeking a Director of Children & Family Ministries to join our team of dedicated disciples.
The ideal candidate will be someone who loves Jesus and kids and has a desire to help kids know the love of Jesus. As part of the church’s leadership team, this position will provide, develop, administer, and evaluate education and fellowship programs related to children and their families.
This position offers a flexible schedule, working part-time 25 hours per week, 52 weeks per year, and requires a Sunday morning presence. This position reports to the Lead Pastor.
- Recruit and coordinate with the specific ministry teams to develop, coordinate, and implement various programs for those ages birth through 5th grade and their families.
- Plan, develop and implement engaging weekly programs and outreach events with the church that attract and build the community.
- Engage students in spiritual formation as they integrate faith and life, becoming faithful disciples of Christ.
- Oversee recruitment, training, and support of volunteers who assist with children’s Christian education programs.
- Implement ministries that involve youth in hands-on service and missions to help them develop a heart for serving others.
- Recommend and acquire children’s Christian education curriculum and resources.
- Oversee the Nursery Ministry including supervising the Nursery Coordinator.
- Communicate effectively and work collaboratively with other staff to create programs that focus on spiritual formation and building a community of belonging.
- Maintain communication and act as a liaison with other church ministries.
- Attend weekly staff and other meetings as needed.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required or requested by the Senior Pastor or Staff Relations Parish Council committee.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in a church environment, education, or child development.
- Proficiency with Microsoft 365 products.
- BA or BS in a related field with stable work history.
- Be a professional, committed Christian with a passion and vision for nurturing children with a spiritual outreach.
- The ability to relate well to adults and children.
- Display leadership skills but also humility and teachability.
Relocation expenses are the responsibility of the applicant.
To apply, please submit a current resume with cover letter to email@example.com