Traverse Bay UMC is seeking a Custodian
1. Responsible for keeping the church building clean as directed by the Trustees. Including, but not limited to, cleaning floors, windows, fixtures, stairs, elevator, restrooms and doors. The cleaning process is normally accomplished with brooms, mops, brushes, vacuums, floor machines and cleaning cloths. The Custodian will need to use supplies and some chemical compounds that will require the custodian to use caution, be familiar with the Material Safety Data Sheets, and use all precautions to remain safe.
2. Responsible for general maintenance, such as changing light bulbs, adjusting thermostats, and stopping and starting equipment. For maintenance jobs that require professional intervention, seek direction from the chairperson of the Trustees, or, in the chairperson’s absences, the vice-chairperson or the Pastor.
3. Maintains an adequate quantity of cleaning supplies in coordination with the chairperson of the Trustees.
4. Responsible for set up and tear down of tables and chairs for scheduled meetings or special events.
5. Responsible for the removal of trash from the church building and placing the trash in the dumpster provided.
Building exterior and grounds:
1. Lawn Maintenance: To include fertilizing and weed control.
2. Winter and summer sidewalk maintenance as directed.
3. Ice removal from eaves/overhangs.
4. Remove, clean and replace storm windows and screens seasonally.
5. Minor exterior repairs.
6. Raises and lowers the flag.
Knowledge, skill and abilities required:
1. Must be self-motivated and able to work efficiently and unsupervised.
2. Must be able to lift 50 pounds routinely, and occasionally 70 pounds.
3. Must be able to do strenuous work such as, but not limited to, snow and ice removal, mows lawns, rake leaves, buffing and waxing hard floors
4. Must be able to use and work off of a ladder.
5. Must be able to handle electrical and mechanical equipment such as, but not limited to: snow blower, floor machines and vacuum cleaner.
Email applications through the job link above or to Pastor Matthew Chapman at: Pastor.firstname.lastname@example.org