Intergenerational Ministry Coordinator
Lake Orion United Methodist Church
Our Mission: To be a diverse, inclusive community; inspiring, connecting and sharing the heart of Christ with each other and the world around us.
Job Description: The Coordinator of Intergenerational Ministry is responsible to implement the values and mission of the church by coordinating an intergenerational vision for all youth, college, young adult, and family ministries. The coordinator is expected to develop a relational strategy of ministry that connects with and builds intergenerational bridges in all areas of ministry at Lake Orion United Methodist Church.
Specific Position Objectives:
- Challenging and facilitating the church to intentionally place all ages together in worship, service, and learning opportunities so that we will be a truly intergenerational church
- Building, developing, and mentoring an intergenerational resources centered leadership team to invest in children, youth, and families. This includes, selecting curriculum, coordinating volunteers, and facilitating programs for children, youth, and adults.
- Work with others to plan and carry out intergenerational ministry in varied and wide-ranging programs that includes worship, study, fellowship, and service opportunities.
- Ensure intergenerational events establish loving expectations for involvement of all people.
- Build networks with community organizations and local schools to connect the congregation with the community. The coordinator will look for new ministry opportunities.
- Coordinate volunteers to staff the specific programs as they are implemented.
- Find curriculum and other resources available for intergenerational ministry to help people select appropriate resources for study and growth.
- Passion for Jesus, children, youth, families, and intergenerational ministry
- A person of faith in God with an understanding of United Methodist Church doctrine.
- Strong leadership and the ability to set and achieve goals
- A proven track record of effective leadership, judgment, and character.
- Proficient with technology needed to facilitate programing.
- Ability to address difficult issues and individuals, while courageously shepherding people toward common goals.
- Experience in assisting a church or similar organization in developing and successfully implementing comprehensive new programs
This is a full-time position that reports to the Senior Pastor and is regularly involved with all staff meetings, worship, service, and outreach events.
Please send resume to: Staff Parish Relations Chair, Gail Vettraino [email protected]