The First United Methodist Church of Farmington is seeking a qualified person to coordinate their preschool – fifth grade Sunday School and Vacation Bible School programs. Hours are flexible with a minimum of 15 hours per week required. Job description and required qualifications are below.
- Recruiting teachers and leading some classes for one room schoolhouse and/or rotational Sunday School classes (Kindergarten thru 5th grade currently)
- Preparing Sunday School curriculum and providing resources to recruited teachers
- Updating materials/videos for at-home activities via the church website
- Supervising Sunday School programs and providing necessary support on Sunday mornings.
- Communicating with families of children to obtain contact and emergency information and to update families regarding upcoming events
- Planning, recruiting teachers/volunteers, and directing Vacation Bible School (VBS) each summer (third week of July)
- Providing Children’s Moment during the Sunday service as determined necessary by the senior pastor.
- Attending staff meetings and education committee meetings monthly
- Enjoys working with children and youth
- Experience teaching elementary age children preferred
- Experience with creating lesson plans preferred
- Able to access and organize educational curriculum and materials for classes
- Familiar with the teachings of the Methodist Church or willing to be trained
- Proficient with technology programs such as Microsoft Word, Google Docs, Email, Zoom, Sign-up genius, etc. preferred
- Good communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Available most Sunday mornings
Please contact Susan Cook, Staff Parish Relations Chair, at email: firstname.lastname@example.org, to apply.