Job Title: Community Connection Coordinator
Position Type: Part-Time, 10-12 hours per week
Location: Berkley First
Direct Report: Campus Pastor
Role: To gather, nurture, and equip disciples of Jesus Christ by facilitating connections between Berkley First and the wider community.
- Coordinate the Berkley First calendar and track group and event attendance.
- Coordinate with community groups and events using the Berkley First facility.
- Facilitate in-person and online connections between Berkley First and the surrounding community, through various social media platforms, including but not limited to:
Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- In consultation with the Campus Pastor and other staff and volunteers, create and implement outreach events to draw outsiders into the life of the church.
- Work with the Campus Pastor and Berkley First staff to create and implement special events throughout the year that coordinate with the church (liturgical) calendar, the school calendar, the government calendar (Federal holidays), and the local calendar.
- Interaction with the Birmingham Communications Coordinator for multi-campus events
- All staff at the Berkley campus are expected to devote a portion of their worktime to be out and about in the Berkley community, connecting with people, cultivating relationships, and extending invitations to upcoming events and worship experiences.
- A passion for guiding people of all ages into a deeper relationship with God and one another.
- Ability to fully support our core values to: welcome all, put love into action, honor God through excellence, embrace bold vision, encourage lifelong spiritual growth, and support one another.
- Proficient computer skills with experience with Microsoft Office and the ability to learn and work with the in-house database.
- The ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- A self-starter who is visionary, driven, flexible, able to deal with change, and personally invested in the success of the Berkley campus.
- Must possess reliable transportation.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, hear, or smell. The employee may be required lift and /or move up to 25 pounds.
Berkley First United Methodist Church
2820 12 Mile Road
Berkley, Michigan, 48072