Whether you choose in-person, virtual, kits for home, hybrid or another option, this page will have resources, links, ideas and thoughts as you plan for this summer. This page will be updated frequently as new information, resources, and ideas are created and shared.
Many churches are planning for VBS or events in person for the summer of 2022. We hope that this summer mirrors last summer with nicer weather and lower covid numbers. You may choose to have a Plan B, or you may make your Plan A flexible enough to adapt as needed. Important questions as you plan any VBS or summer program:
- What is your "Why" for VBS/summer program?
- What are your values and guiding principles?
- Talk with your volunteers about how and where they are willing to serve.
- What are your families saying? Are they ready to bring their kids to a small or medium gathering?
- What are the COVID-19 protocols/procedures for your church and community (county and state)? What procedures need to be in place for your VBS or summer ministries?
- If physical distancing and protective measures (such as masks) are still recommended or required, are you prepared to accommodate for that?
- Consider your context:
- VBS Traditions
- Resources (financial & people)
- Consider Alternative VBS options
- Offer a virtual option
- Asynchronous (recorded, on-demand videos)
- Live Videos
- Backyard VBS
- Drive-in VBS
- Packets that can be sent home or picked up from the church
- Small Group VBS
- One day VBS
- Everyday for 4 or 5 days
- Once a week over a period of time
Curriculum Comparison Chart
Still deciding which Vacation Bible School program will fit your context the best? View the VBS Comparison Chart or take a look at popular kits by clicking on the images below.
Building Faith has posted a review of VBS kits from a variety of publishers. You can read their 2022 reviews here. From that page you can also read reviews about the publishers, including both theological framework and inclusivity.
The 2021 reviews can be found here.
The 2020 reviews can be found here.
The 2019 reviews can be found here.
VBS Virtual Workshops from Cokesbury
Last Updated on March 9, 2022