2020 has been a, well, interesting year so far. As I write this, there are snowflakes floating in the air not concerned that it is May 8th! Your conference staff have been working on pivoting and shifting and being adaptive leaders. In this spirit, here are several of the latest resources for you (click on the first bullet point for the link to information and resources for the items below it):
- Online Ministry!
- Online Games – Many of you are using Zoom (or another platform) to connect and build relationships online and have asked for more online games. On the Online Ministry button in the toolbox there are lots of games for you to use! If you have more to add, send me an email!
- Protection Policy – now more than ever it is important to make sure that your protection policy reflects good boundaries and best practices for online ministry.
- Do we have VBS? Should we cancel or postpone? Is this the summer we pivot to another model? So many questions. Questions and considerations to help guide your conversation with your leadership team, as well as updates for virtual VBS ideas can be found at the VBS button in the toolbox.
- What About Reopening Children’s Ministries?
- The leadership at your church may be having conversations about reopening. Find helpful guidelines and considerations for reopening children’s ministries in Addendum A. Also, check in the Health Crisis Toolbox for the most up to date information.
- Listening to YOU!
- One aspect of my ministry is to listen to you, what do you need and what does your church need? How can I encourage and equip you? Your participation in this survey will help shape my priorities and how to best serve you. Thank you!
- Listening to Families
- A few friends and I are collaborating to hear from families about their thoughts about faith formation and summer. People can identify which state they are from in the survey so we can see the responses from just Michigan families. The wider this is shared, the more we can learn. Please feel free to share the survey with families in your congregation and let me know so I can send you information. Or, use the questions and create a survey specific to your context.
- “Office Hours”
- Got a question or need support? I have posted “office hours” on calendly where you can make an appointment to chat by phone or Zoom.
- Wednesday Kids Min Leader Zoom
- Sixty people have registered for Wednesday Zooms since we began almost 2 months ago (which is really hard to believe!). These informal meetings times on Wednesdays at 10am and 7pm are 45 minutes and designed to provide encouragement, support, ideas, resources, and more. Sometimes we have a topic and other times it’s simply to check-in. If you aren’t already registered, you can register here.
Many of us will have the opportunity to evaluate our “Why” for children’s ministry and the “how” and “what” we use to accomplish our why. We may also have a prolonged period of physical distancing which may require us to pivot in significant ways to continue to build relationships and connections. These conversations are starting and will become wider. If you are interested in being part of this conversation with a small group of people, please contact me.
Blessings on you as we lead with grace, are gentle with ourselves and others, and continue to deepen our roots in the hope, peace, and love of Jesus Christ.