Health Insurance Open Enrollment for Active* Group Health Insurance Subscribers
- Active subscribers in an appointment must complete the online open enrollment to: Confirm personal information; Indicate additions/deletions of dependents for 2021; and Elect Medical or Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) amounts for 2021. See links below for detailed instructions on open enrollment.
Please join us for live webinar to cover the 2021 Michigan Conference Active Group Health Care Plan Online Enrollment and new Employee Assistance Program. Erin Faszczewski, VP Client Services for BenePro Inc, will led the webinar.
- This webinar will provide a brief review of the enrollment process, but it is further being offered to provide important information regarding the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) recently established for the care of our subscribers. All who would like additional information regarding either open enrollment or the EAP are encouraged to participate in the webinar.
[IMPORTANT – READ THIS REGARDING MEDICAL AND DEPENDENT CARE FSA’s:]
- Medical and Dependent Care FSA elections do not rollover to a new year. A subscriber will not be able to designate an FSA for 2021 at a later time if they fail to complete a new election during online enrollment.
- Any unused 2020 Medical FSA balance (up to $500) will be rolled into 2021 and may be used for 2021 expenses. This amount does not affect or decrease the amount a subscriber may elect in 2021 ($2,750 maximum).
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA) are not an alternative for subscribers that do not desire to elect a Medical FSA. Because the conference health care plan is not a high deductible plan that meets IRS guidelines, a subscriber is not eligible to open an HSA. Subscribers/local churches that have established an HSA are in violation of IRS regulations and must cease this practice immediately.
*Retired Health Insurance Subscribers will not need to access the online enrollment unless they desire to change their coverage or personal information. A 2021 Benefits Health Care Guide will be mailed to retirees in November.
Wed, Nov 11, 2020 11:00 AM EST
Join the Zoom meeting from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android on November 11, 2020 at 11 AM: https://michiganumc.zoom.us/j/97368816463
Meeting ID: 973 6881 6463
*****These are toll number. Long distance charges may apply. Use these numbers, if your audio will not connect. You do not have to call the toll numbers to connect to the audio unless you are having issues hearing the meeting on your device.*****
Dial by your location
+1 651 372 8299 (US)
+1 312 626 6799 (US)
Meeting ID: 973 6881 6463
Find your local number: https://michiganumc.zoom.us/u/aLicjE3g5