We’ve Had A Disaster, Now What?
Local Church Response (Disaster Coordinator or Pastor or Lay Leader or Trustees Chair)
- Assess general situation and physical needs of people and area and forward initial assessment to the District Superintendent and the District Disaster Response Coordinator.
- Establish contact with the local Emergency Management Team as soon as possible.
- Provide specific needs assignments within 24 hours.
- Begin seeking response to needs, general and specific.
- Coordinate relief efforts on a local basis.
- Contact pastor(s) involved and the District Disaster Response Coordinator as soon aspossible.
- Receive report of pastor(s).
- Conduct on-site visit within 24 hours.
District DisasterResponse Coordinator
- Conduct an on-site visit with the District Superintendent.
- Coordinate relief efforts for the District.
- Contact the Conference Disaster Response Coordinator.
Conference DisasterResponse Coordinator
- Conduct an on-site visit with the Bishop.
- Work in consultation with the Bishop to coordinate communication efforts.
Conference EmergencyPreparedness Committee
- Meet within 72 hours of the disaster.
- Receive reports, request funds and dispense funds as necessary and available.
- Provide press information.
- Visit area(s) within 72 hours.
- Contact District Superintendents
- Request funds from UMCOR, if needed.